Saturday, April 19, 2008

Buried in my statistics

The bus lets me off near here, near the lecture hall where I try to make sense of Statistics. Sometimes I think I could be reading the phone book with greater understanding, but it two weeks the semester will be over. This could be good, as long as I don't have to take the next semester. I have a lot of respect for statisticians. They have made a very tight system that encompasses almost every possibility and yet they are able to equivocate: "It appears that. . ." "The evidence appears to say that. . ." "There is strong probability that. . . " All we have to know is which case applies to which particular method. As long as something can be made to offer no change, there will be a formula we can use. My, this almost sounds like I know something. The doc student, Joanne

No comments: